Shipping an Amplifier Chassis to MESA/Boogie®
If you would like to send an amplifier to MESA for service and its issue isn’t related to its cabinet or a component of the cabinet, like the reverb tank or the speakers (as in the case of a combo), you will likely save in shipping cost by sending only the chassis. If you would like to send your amplifier’s chassis to us:
- Choose a thick, study cardboard box and pack the chassis & tubes (allowing for at least six inches of "crush space" between the chassis and the inside of the cardboard box).
- Unplug the power cord, speaker and reverb cables.
- Remove the chassis from the cabinet (for most amps) by unscrewing and removing the four mounting bolts on top and sliding the chassis towards the rear of the cabinet (like a drawer).
- Remove the larger tubes (Power & Rectifier tubes) and mark them according to their location from left to right 1, 2 etc. They should be wrapped separately with plenty of wadded up newspaper around them and put in a smaller box within the larger carton.
- Pack the chassis using plenty of tightly wadded up newspaper so that there is at least six inches of "crush space" between the chassis and the inside of the cardboard box. Bubble wrap also works well but please DON'T use styrene peanuts. They will shift during transit, get lodged inside the electronics and allow your amp to end up unprotected at the bottom of the box where it may possibly be damaged.
- Tape the box closed using quality packing tape. Put several strands of tape across box flaps & seams to insure the package does not open during transit.
- Write the RMA# (you’ve requested & obtained) in large black letters on the outside of the box. Click here for information on requesting a RMA#.
- Ship to:
MESA/Boogie – RMA# (Insert your RMA# here)
1317 Ross Street
Petaluma, CA 94954
Phone: (707) 778-6565
Click here for information on shipping your amplifier (in its cabinet) for service.